West Hennepin Public Safety is a Joint Powers Police department who has proudly served the Cities of Maple Plain and Independence since 1979. We are looking for someone who is committed to public safety and takes pride in their work. If you are looking to enhance your career with a police department that has tremendous community support for its law enforcement professionals, then West Hennepin Public Safety is the department for you. We have the full support of our communities and elected officials to continue our proactive policing model.
West Hennepin Public Safety is seeking qualified applicants that are highly motivated to assist in fulfilling our mission. WHPS is currently hiring a full-time police officer and establishing a hiring list for the remainder of 2022-2023.
Minimum requirements are the following:
Our officers currently work 12 hour shifts with five days on, five days off, two days on, two days off. This schedule allows for all officers, regardless of seniority, to have every other full weekend off to enjoy with their friends and family. West Hennepin is driven to better our employees and encourages officers to attend training opportunities. New onsite fitness facility. Command staff has an open-door policy with officers and encourages new ideas. Career enhancements available in SWAT team assignments, Drug Task Force agent, General Investigations, Towards Zero Death Traffic Enforcement, Field Training Officer, Drug Recognition Expert, Firearms instructor, Crime Prevention Officer and Mobile Field Force. West Hennepin Public Safety provides top of the line patrol SUV's and modern equipment.
· 2022: $56,460 (27.14hr) to $85,733 (41.22hr)
· 2023: $71,500 (34.38hr) to $94,306 (45.34hr) + Longevity
· 2024: $73,645 (35.41hr) to $97,135 (46.70hr) + Longevity
· (There are 5 steps in base pay scale from 0 to 5yrs, Longevity steps are at 7, 12, and 17yrs)
· 100% Employer Covered Single & Family Health Care HDHP w/HSA
· Employer HSA contribution $3,000 Annually
· Short and Long-Term Disability
· Sick Time – 96 hours annually
· Vacation Time – 80 to 200 hours annually
· Uniform Allowance $900
· Life Insurance $15,000 employer paid
· 12-Hr schedule with every other full weekend off.
· 5 on, 2 off, 2 on, 5 off schedule
· Shifts are Days, Middle, Nights
· Annual Shift bid for trimesters and regardless of seniority are guaranteed an alternate shift
West Hennepin Police Commission approved a market adjustment and raises including the addition of Longevity for 2023 and 2024. Lateral entry will be considered for licensed police officers currently working in Minnesota and negotiated upon a conditional job offer. The successful applicant must be able to pass a psychological exam, medical/physical testing, and an extensive background check.
We have streamlined the hiring process for lateral candidates, including an expedited background investigation and modified field training.
Submit a cover letter, resume, application, data notice, and MN POST license, or proof of eligibility letter.
Completed applications will be accepted until positions are filled and may be submitted in-person, by mail, email, or courier. Faxed applications will not be accepted. If you are unable to download these forms a packet can be requested by calling (763) 479-0500 or by emailing Kaylen Boeddeker at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Sgt. Rick Denneson or Sgt. Jon Howes at (763) 479-0500.